Our Policies and Procedures Explained
Orthodontist - Colorado Springs
We offer orthodontic services for all ages and have the training and expertise to treat the simplest of problems to the most complex cases. Review our policies and procedures, and then feel free to contact us with any questions.
Our purpose is to help people reach their full potential by creating amazing smiles.
- You can rely on each member of Dr. Gaworski's team to behave in a professional, well-trained, considerate, and caring manner. We always emphasize quality service.
- To give you the most up-to-date treatment possible, Dr. Gaworski and his staff continually expand their clinical skills and are committed to lifelong continuing education.
- Comprehensive orthodontic care often involves a team approach, which requires close coordination with your dentist and other specialists. Dr. Gaworski strongly believes in an interdisciplinary approach partnering with your other healthcare providers to give you the most complete care possible.
- Dr. Gaworski will spend the necessary time with all patients and/or parents to explain recommended treatment and answer questions.
- We suggest an orthodontic examination as early as age seven, because the timing of an initial exam and record taking can play a critical role in long-term planning and treatment success.
We welcome patients with orthodontic insurance and are committed to helping patients receive the maximum benefits of their plans. Call our Colorado Springs office if you have any questions.
To help make treatment affordable, our financial coordinator can offer you several flexible payment options within our office. For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plans
Your treatment investment is payable in interest-free, monthly installments spread over a portion of the estimated length of treatment time. For your convenience, we have automatic monthly payments debited from either your checking account or place on a major credit card.
We offer a pre-payment courtesy of five percent to the responsible party's balance (not any portion due from insurance) when the treatment investment is paid in full on or before the first treatment visit.
Our practice offers CareCredit, a financing option with no initial payment and low monthly payments.
We are participating providers for Delta Dental and United Concordia, and we will work with many other insurance companies to help patients get the most from their orthodontic benefits. As a courtesy, we can submit your insurance claims, with benefits paid directly to The Advanced Center for Orthodontics, P.C. (unless otherwise specified prior to submission of the claim). If any changes have occurred with your insurance, please contact our office immediately.
To ensure quality orthodontic care, our patients must understand the manner in which we schedule appointments. We value your time as both a patient and a parent, so we will make every effort to stay on or ahead of schedule. Most of our parents work, and we treat many school-age children. Though occasional school and work hours must be missed, we try to accommodate our patients' needs. Our office staff will provide school and work excuses at each appointment.
We reserve your appointment especially for you, so make every effort to keep your scheduled time. Please keep in mind that a broken appointment hurts not only the patient by extending treatment time, but also other patients who could have used that time for emergency care or regular visits.
If for any reason you cannot keep your scheduled appointment, please call our Colorado Springs office as soon as possible to notify us of the change and to reschedule your appointment.
Long Appointments for Banding and Bonding
Because these procedures require more detailed and technique-sensitive appointments, we schedule these appointments during our lighter time of day so that patients can receive Dr. Gaworski's full, undivided attention.
If pain, swelling, or bleeding occurs, call us immediately. Dr. Gaworski will see you as soon as possible and provide the appropriate care, including referral to another specialist for treatment if needed.
For loose bands, brackets, or archwire ties, as well as lost or broken appliances and retainers, we usually schedule these appointments during work or school hours since they require longer treatment times.
Appointment Broken or Not Cancelled
We will schedule another appointment as soon as the schedule permits, but you may have to wait 5 to 10 weeks, our normal appointment intervals. Openings for appointments during school hours may be arranged sooner.